In large and small communities alike, people rely on police and fire departments to keep their families safe and their properties secure. In times of emergency and severe weather, they count on critical first responders and public utility workers.
It’s for these safety professionals that Motorola has designed the PR860 Professional Series two-way radio. The combination of durability and performance also make the PR860 a strong option for construction and manufacturing firms as well as any organization concerned with security and quick response.
The heavyweight features you desire in a two-way radio, now available in a durable, lighter-than-expected model. Introducing the PR860 Professional Series two-way radio from Motorola, the perfect option for safety professionals as well as businesses specializing in construction, manufacturing and public utilities.
Easy to handle and operate, the PR860 offers superb audio quality and programming options normally found in higher-end radios. The rugged construction also makes it tough enough to operate in the most challenging environments.
In addition, when used with the impres™ Energy System, your PR860 can keep its battery life longer and maximize your talktime.
What sets the PR860 Apart
Compared to other professional two-way radios, the PR860 offers a unique combination of advanced performance options and a rugged design, all in a surprisingly light weight radio (12.8 oz. with the impres Li-ion battery). You should also know the PR860:
- Offers an extremely high level of sound clarity and dynamics for a radio at this price.
- Has been ergonomically designed to handle easily, with bigger knobs and controls that can be operated even wearing heavy gloves.
- Meets strict U.S. military specifications and Motorola standards for durability and reliability.
- Is backed by Motorola service and a two-year warranty.
- 16 Channels
- Large Raised Channel and On/Off Volume Knobs - Easy to operate when wearing gloves
- Programmable Emergency Button - Sounds Emergency alarm or alerts dispatcher in an emergency situation
- X-Pand ™ Voice Compression - Crisp, clear audio quality
- Adjustable Power Levels - Helps preserve battery life
- Priority Channel Scan - Frequently scan higher priority
- Sealed Accessory Connector - Customize audio solutions to meet your needs
- Internal VOX - Hands-free operation with headset
- 3 Programmable Side Buttons and Large Textured Push-To-Talk Button - Easy access to favorite features. Easy to operate when wearing gloves and provides good tactile response
- impres ™ Energy System - Battery , charging and reconditioning system that automates battery maintenance, optimizes cycle life and maximizes talktime
- Quik-Call II and MDC1200 Signaling Send and receive information in a variety of ways including: Selective Call (Decode) Receive a call from a specific group or individual Call Alert (Decode) Receive alerts of incoming calls when you’re a short distance from your radio
- MDC 1200 Signaling Only:
- Push-to-Talk ID (Encode) Identify your outgoing calls
- Radio Check (Decode) Lets others check your radio status
- Emergency (Encode) Sounds an alarm or alerts dispatcher in urgent situations
- Selective Radio Inhibit (Decode) Allows system owner to disable stolen or missing radios
The Motorola PR860 portable can be used for a variety of applications.
Here are a few examples of some key industries:
Community Safety Groups
AAH45 BEC9AA3_N PR860 16 Channel, 6 Watt, Low Band (29.7-42 MHz)
AAH45 CEC9AA3_N PR860 16 Channel, 6 Watt, Low Band (35-50 MHz)
AAH45KDC9AA3_N PR860 16 Channel, 5 Watt, VHF (136-174 MHz)
AAH45 RDC9AA3_N PR860 16 Channel, 4 Watt, UHF (403-470 MHz)
AAH45 SDC9AA3_N PR860 16 Channel, 4 Watt, UHF (450-512 MHz)
All PR860 models include:
- impres™ Li-ion 2000 mAh, 7.5V Battery
- impres Single-Unit Rapid Charger
- Low Band, VHF or UHF Antenna
- 2.5” Belt Clip
- User’s Guide CD
- 2-Year Standard Warranty
Motorola Original and Motorola Certified Accessories expand the capabilities of your radio and create a truly customized communication solution for your organization. Motorola accessories are system-tested with Motorola radios to ensure optimum performance.
Click here to see PR860 Parts and Accessories.
Click here to view the PR860 Series Brochure.
Click here to view the PR860 Specifications Brochure.
Click here to view the Motorola Community Link Brochure which includes information on the PR860, PR1500, and the Minitor V.